- At June 2013, there were 31.09 million mobile services in operation in Australia,
- At May 2013, 11.19 million people had a smartphone,
- During June 2013, 7.5 million Australians accessed the internet via their mobiles, an increase of 33% from June 2012.
The ubiquitousness of the mobile phone and the fact most people are attached to them everywhere they go makes SMS a highly effective and personal way to communicate with your customers, it is the perfect format for sending marketing and business related information.
Marketing SMS’s may include:
- Alerts (products, promotions)
- Event messaging
- In-store promotions
- Mobile marketing opt-ins
Business related SMS’s may include:
- Payment reminders as invoice due date approaches
- Late payment reminders
- Time critical Operational information
- Confirmations (security, payments and orders)
The advantages of SMS:
- They are read within minutes of receiving them, there is no better way to get time critical information to your customers
- It's simple and fast, there's no need for fancy artwork just a well thought out message that can be sent to thousands in just seconds
- It has a staggeringly high open rate. Almost every SMS sent is read, whereas only a fraction of emails sent are read
- It unlike email is not burdened by spam or other email filters.
- It has a high Conversion rate when compared to other marketing or promotion strategies